Once nearly eradicated in the United States, bed bugs have had a large resurgence in the last several years. Their re-emergence can be linked to the increase of international travel, pesticide regulations, and resistance to many insecticides. Because of this, it is important to contact a licensed pest control specialist immediately if you believe you have bed bugs.
Treatment of bed bugs cannot be done with pesticides alone. Our treatment process requires the full cooperation of our customers with our pest control specialists. The most effective bed bug control program is one that uses Integrated Pest Management. We provide our customers with a preparation checklist that must be followed for the best results.
With cooperation from our customers, our bed bug control and treatment process includes:
- Thorough inspections of all living spaces
- Cleaning all items within the bed bug-infested living area
- Washing and drying all linens and clothes in hot water and high heat
- Reducing clutter where bed bugs can hide
- Physically removing bugs thorough cleaning and vacuuming
- Using pesticides with caution
- Steam treating as necessary