What can I do to prevent termites?
Preventing termites is best accomplished through regular inspections of your home or business and treatment, but there are some things you can do to reduce your chances of a pest control problem:
- Divert water away from your home or business with properly functioning downspouts, gutters and splash blocks.
- Quickly repair any structural damage caused by moisture, such as a roof leak or plumbing leak.
- Perform routine maintenance, such as caulking, painting and cleaning your gutters.
- Reduce humidity in crawl spaces.
- Prevent shrubs, vines and other vegetation from growing over and covering vents and growing on the exterior of your home or business.
- Eliminate wood contact with the ground around your home or business.
- Remove any wood or construction debris from your crawl space and around your home or business.
Can I treat termites on my own?
Do-it-yourself termite control is certainly an option. However, most owners lack the knowledge and training that professionals have to treat termite problems effectively.
An essential component of treating a termite problem effectively is correctly identifying the termite species and developing a course of treatment that takes the species’s biology and habits into account. It is also critical that products are handled properly to ensure effective treatment. A pest control specialist from Palmetto Exterminators has the training and expertise to provide the most effective solution to your termite problem.
I just bought a house that you have under warranty. Do I have to pay a fee to transfer it to my name?
Our termite service agreements transfer at no cost. If you just purchased a home under warranty with Palmetto Exterminators, all you have to do is provide us with your name and contact information. Our pest control experts will take care of the rest.
Why should I renew my termite service agreement?
According to the NPMA, every year termites cause more than $5 billion in damage with the average repair costing $2,500. That does not include the cost of treating and removing the termites.
With a termite service agreement with Palmetto Exterminators, you would not be responsible for any of the repair or re-treatment costs.
How can I tell the difference between flying ants and termites?
Termites are often confused with ants. However, a few simple things distinguish the two.
Termites have straight antennae, a broad waist and short legs. Both wings are the same size and shape with a lace-like appearance.
Ants have elbowed antennae; a thin, pinched waist; and long legs. Their hind wings are smaller than the front wings.