Protect Your Largest Investment: Your Home
Comprehensive termite solutions for continuous protection
Termite Damage is No Joke
In Damages Each Year
Homes & Businesses Invaded Annually
Average Repair Cost
Termite Protection Isn't A Luxury...
Termite protection is a necessity in the South. Our region's warm and humid climate provides ideal conditions for termite activity, making homes particularly vulnerable to infestations. Termites feed on wood and can cause extensive structural damage that jeopardizes the integrity of your property.
Eastern subterranean termites and Formosan termites are two of the most prevalent and destructive termite species found in the southern United States--and both are active in the Carolinas.
Termite control and prevention are essential for safeguarding your home against the destructive impact of these silent invaders. It's not a matter of if you'll get termites, but when.
Don't let termites make your home their next meal
Safeguard Your Home From Silent Destroyers
Termites attack millions of homes each year, causing billions of dollars in damage, and unfortunately, termite damage is not covered by most insurance policies. According to the National Pest Management Association, repairs can cost homeowners, on average, $2,500 to $5,000. Don't be caught without a Termite Warranty for your home.
We offer both liquid and baiting solutions and will recommend the best for your property.
Your first Termite Service includes a thorough interior and exterior inspection of the interior and exterior of the structure and the initial treatment. We will complete an annual inspection of your property, looking for any signs of termite activity or damage. The renewal includes a $250,000 repair and retreatment warranty.
Have Peace Of Mind
Our new construction termite treatment is applied to the wood, soil, or foundation during construction to prevent Eastern Subterranean and Formosan termites. We offer pretreatment programs that are innovative, effective, and economical.
This treatment not only ensures that you will have a termite-free home at the time of purchase. The warranty automatically transfers to the new homeowner and provides a limited warranty, which you can renew annually. The renewal includes a $250,000 repair and retreatment warranty.
Our Damage Repair Agreement » Up to $250,000 in Coverage
Termite Services For Builders & Contractors
- We offer pre-treatment programs that are innovative, effective, and economical.
- We utilize the best products on the market: Bora-Care® and Termidor®.
- We offer easy, hassle-free scheduling and documentation.
- Palmetto Exterminators' treatments are guaranteed to meet or exceed all applicable regulatory requirements.
- We treat with Termidor® during annual inspections
- The termite warranty with Palmetto Exterminators is automatically transferred to the new homeowner.
- Palmetto Exterminators offers the best termite protection plan, which includes damage repair agreements and coverage for Formosan termites.
Real Estate Inspections
Why take a chance with the minimum required inspection/report for wood-destroying organisms?
Our Termite Report Includes:
- Thorough documentation and easy to understand language
- Computer generated reports
- Detailed diagrams of the structure
- Thorough inspections by highly trained and experienced staff
- A 3-step personal review procedure
Really No Comparison
We'll Put Our Report Up Against Anyone Else's...And Still Be Better
We invite you to compare the WIR/CL-100 reports of other companies to the reports prepared by Palmetto Exterminators. Most other companies provide you with a low-priced, quick inspection and a 1-page report that is vague at best. Palmetto Exterminators is neither the cheapest nor the most expensive, but our report is by far the best.
Contact Us About Builder Services or Termite Letters
Your Termite Questions Answered
Protect Your Investment
What can I do to prevent termites?
Preventing termites is best accomplished through regular inspections of your home or business and treatment, but there are some things you can do to reduce your chances of a pest control problem:
- Divert water away from your home or business with properly functioning downspouts, gutters, and splash blocks.
- Quickly repair any structural damage caused by moisture, such as a roof leak or plumbing leak.
- Perform routine maintenance, such as caulking, painting windows, and cleaning your gutters.
- Reduce humidity in crawl spaces.
- Prevent shrubs, vines, and other vegetation from covering vents or growing on the exterior of the structure.
- Eliminate wood contact with the ground around your home or business.
- Remove any wood or construction debris from your crawl space and around your home or business.
Can I treat termites on my own?
Do-it-yourself termite control is certainly an option. However, most owners lack the knowledge and training that professionals have to treat termite problems effectively.
An essential component of treating a termite problem effectively is correctly identifying the termite species and developing a course of treatment that takes the species's biology and habits into account. It is also critical that products are handled properly to ensure effective treatment. A pest control specialist from Palmetto Exterminators has the training and expertise to provide the most effective solution to your termite problem.
I just bought a house that you have under warranty. Do I have to pay a fee to transfer it to my name?
Our termite service agreements transfer at no cost. If you just purchased a home under warranty with Palmetto Exterminators, all you have to do is provide us with your name and contact information. Our pest control experts will take care of the rest.
Why should I renew my termite service agreement?
According to the NPMA, every year termites cause more than $5 billion in damage with the average repair costing $2,500 to $5,000. That does not include the cost of treating and removing the termites.
With a termite service agreement with Palmetto Exterminators, you would not be responsible for any of the repair or re-treatment costs.
How can I tell the difference between flying ants and termites?
Swarming termites are often confused with flying ants. However, a few simple things distinguish the two.
- Termites have straight antennae, a broad waist, and short legs. Both wings are the same size and shape with a lace-like appearance.
- Ants have elbowed antennae, a thin, pinched waist, and long legs. Their hind wings are smaller than the front wings.
Formosan Fact or Fiction?
Don't be fooled into paying extra or buying additional treatments for Formosan termite coverage!
Beware! In the Southeast, there are four species of subterranean termites: Eastern Subterranean, Dampwood, Drywood, and Formosan.
The Formosan termite has been in the Southeast since the 1950s. Some consumers believe that the Formosan termite is new to this area and a type of super-termite, rather than a subterranean termite. Some pest control companies have taken advantage of this misconception. And this is wrong!
A bulletin from the Department of Pesticide Regulation at Clemson University states, "Standard ground treatment methods at the same concentration levels used for other termite species are effective against Formosan Subterranean termites..."
No special treatments or baits are needed for Fomosans as long as thorough inspections of the structure are performed annually. At Palmetto Exterminators, we won't fool you.